 |
| 70s/80s North Dartmouth Mall logo |
 |
| Vintage North Dartmouth Mall sign |
 |
| 80s/90s North Dartmouth Mall logo |
 |
| Mid-80s/early-90s North Dartmouth Mall sign |
I have not written in this blog for the entire year of 2017. Why? There were a lot of things that happened that year,so much so that I am considering making changes in this year of 2018. First major change I plan to make is my job situation. Since 2014,I have hated my job at the Dartmouth Mall more now than ever before. Maybe it was because I had to sleep over at the mall a couple of times there,which was something I was not comforatble with. I am not blaming my bosses nor my co-workers for this. I am blaming myself for being like this. Sometimes in one's life things change and they become not the same anymore....this is how I am feeling right now. The Dartmouth Mall to me is not the same mall I loved going to from the 80s to my days as a dishwasher at the then-open Ruby Tuesday North Dartmouth. That was the NORTH Dartmouth Mall and I miss that. Today's Dartmouth Mall does not appeal to me anymore,a lot of stores that I liked shopping at are no longer there and fye will be closing at the end of February of this year. I rarely shop at the Dartmouth Mall anymore and my dream of working at the Dartmouth Mall has now been more of a nightmare than ever before. Working at the Dartmouth Mall was a childhood dream of mine and that dream has come true for 23 years (15 at RT,8 at the DM). For me,it is time that I would leave the Dartmouth Mall and work somewhere else but I will not do that until the weather gets a bit warmer and during my vacations I will start job searching. Every winter I get mad,freak out,stress out and have a bad attitude and that is not cool not only with me,but it is not cool with my family,my bosses and my co-workers. This job has stressed me out more than Ruby Tuesday during Saturdays. We hire people and then they last a month,a week or even 2 days there,it is RIDICULOUS! I must do something,I must get a job where 1) I do not have to shovel snow. 2)I do not have to work on Thanksgiving 3) Have chemistry with co-workers since chemistry among my co-workers here is lacking 4)I don't have to constantly look at the weather every 5 minutes and 5)I don't have to worry about waking up at 5am just to get ready for work. Plus,since 2013,my attitude at work has not been top-notch,it has not been what people are expecting of me. Maybe it is because of the frustration with what people want to be as opposed to what I want to be. For the first time in my life,I do not feel the happy positive energy that I used to feel whenever I worked at Ruby Tuesday. Plus,there is a lot on my plate in my personal life right now. Changes will happen this year! My father made a change in his job situation,well so can I! Time to move on from working at the mall!

The North Dartmouth Mall back in the 70s....I see Woolworth and Child World and Brooks as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment