Friday, July 30, 2010

I Miss Rocky Point!!!









Rocky Point Amusement Park...........what can I say? I only went there 4 times and I enjoyed it there but the first time I went there,I went on a couple of rides that scared me a bit-The Enterprise& House Of Horrors. After going on those rides,I said "Never again!". But rides like The Flume,Apollo II,Music Express,The Scrambler,Bumper Cars,Rok-N-Rol,& Tilt-A-Whirl were rides I enjoyed very much. 3 out of the 4 times I went were in the '80s........the decade the Epic Lima-Ness was running wild. The first 2 times were with the YMCA LatchKey After-School Program Group that I attended from New Bedford. The last 2 times were with my friends from my church in East Freetown,with the 4th time being with my youth group in 1995,the last year of Rocky Point. Needless to say I enjoyed going there and I would like to see an amusement park closer or similar to Rocky Point in either Mass. or RI. That would be so freakin' awesome!!!


2 comments:

  1. do you have any more pictures? loved Rocky Point too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do not have any personal pictures from Rocky Point, but I do have a couple of books on Rocky Point. You can find them on Amazon and/or eBay.

      Delete

Blog Archive